Sunday, July 21, 2019

MetCenter - Warm Day

Steve's friend Mark is back in town, so we took him to the MetCenter for a round.  Today's players were:  Steve, Bob, Lif, Dave, Mark and Heady.  Temperatures got into the 90's during the round, skies were clear and there was a slight breeze.  Steve brought Macho Tacos to give us the strength for a good round.  Course conditions were fair, it wasn't too muddy, but the grass needed to be mowed.  There were several other groups on the course.

I played about my average for this course.  I was short sleep from a late night out and an early morning call from work.  On the front nine I was only two over but I had some trouble on the back nine.  I missed about five putts that I should have made, but I made a couple that I easily could have missed.   Mark impressed all of us with his long drives.

A total of five birdies were made:  Steve, Heady, Mark, Lif and Bob each had one.  No discs found, but Lif lost one in the creek on #16.

Feasting on Macho Tacos!!

Bob starts us off!

Rob weighing his options

Dave with a tough putt under the limb

Steve driving on #2

Dave's second throw on #2

Steve's approach on #3

Looking for drives on #5

Getting Mark's drive on #5

Bob with a long birdie attempt

Steve with a birdie attempt

Dave's approach on #10

Bob showing good putting form

Mark driving on #12

Taking the fairway

Mark putting on #14

Steve coming in!

Made this one!  I was surprised because I was sinking

Small turtle

Bob looking for Lif's disc

Lif in the water.  Protecting himself from submerged dangers.

Barefoot Bob

Dave driving on #18

Mark finishes up

The Bob Scorecard

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve. Compiled by Rob.



No comments:

Post a Comment