Sunday, September 10, 2017

Roy G. Guerrero DGC

It was a beautiful day for a humiliating round of disc golf at the Roy G. Guerrero disc golf course in East Austin.  Today's players were:  Combs, Dave, Lif, Bob and Heady.  The weather was beautiful, sunny skies, low humidity, temperatures in the low 80's and no wind.  Course conditions were good, we did encounter several large, hungry mosquitoes.  Only a few other groups were on the course.

I did not have one of my better rounds for this course.  I started out well, my drives were straight but not that long.  My approach shots were off the mark and I hit a lot of trees.  I missed at least three putts I should have made.  Steve had a very good round throwing some of the longest drives I've ever seen him throw.  He wound up with more birdies than I had pars.  Congrats to Lif for making par on the very difficult par 4 #11.

Only three birdies were made today, all by Steve.  No discs lost and no discs found.

Lif starts us off!

Heady with an approach flick thru the trees.

Bob driving on #3

Heady with a straight drive on #3

Steve goes all out on #4

Lif with a flat footed putt

Dave sinks his putt

Bob driving on #8

Dave driving on #8

Bob made a "Hole in One" on #8.  Round disc in a square hole.

Lif on the #11 fairway

Lif sinks his par on #11

Heady with a wild drive on #12

Dave with a Zen shot thru the trees

Heady clanking his putt

Working on my follow thru

It was a very nice day!

Bob with a long putt attempt on #17

Dave gives it a try

Bob from behind the tree!

Steve makes a long putt on #18

Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment