Sunday, April 24, 2016

East Metro Park, Manor - After Poker


Keith hosted a Saturday night poker game at his house in Manor.  We stayed up until about 4:30 playing cards, then crashed out for a few hours and met Dave at the park at 9:00.  We were all moving a little slow.  Temperatures were in the 70's, skies were mostly cloudy and not much of a breeze.

Course conditions were tough.  I've forgotten how bad the rough can be at Manor.  The past few times we've played there has been during the winter when all the undergrowth has died off.  Not only is the brush very thick, everything has thorns on it.  The only plant without thorns was the poison ivy. 

I played alright considering the lack of sleep and residual tequila and beer in my system.  I had to concentrate on every throw to avoid going into the rough.  I did manage to snap off a few good drives and approach shots.  But I missed a couple of putts that I usually make.

Four birdies were made today:  Steve(3) and Keith(1).  Two discs lost in the rough, Lif on #2 and Steve on #10.  One disc found by Dave on #10 while searching for Steve's drive.


Poker at Keith's.  Near the end.

Steve starts us off

Steve from the creek

Steve took a bit of a tumble.  Dave helps out

Keith putting on #5

Keith with a birdie attempt on #6

Lif getting his drive down

Keith on the #8 fairway

I stuck the landing on my approach

Brian with some tricky footing

Dave from the moat

Brian was right next to him

Steve with a birdie attempt on #11

A delicate extraction

Big Dave by the love shack

Steve with a birdie on #16
Lif on the #18 fairway
Brian putting on #18



Official Scorecard.  Recorded by Steve.  Compiled by Heady

















No comments:

Post a Comment