Saturday, August 2, 2014

Brushy Creek Sports Park Disc Golf Course

I had to run a few errands on the north side of town today so I thought I would check out the Brushy Creek Disc Golf Course.  This is a nine-hole course that is tucked in the Brushy Creek Sports Park in Cedar Park.  I've always wanted to play this course but never had the time.  The weather was beautiful for early August, partly cloudy and temperatures in the low 80's. 

The course is heavily wooded requiring very technical throws, lots of finesse shots.  Despite the amount of brush I did not find the roughs too overgrown.  A small creek runs through the course which could cause problems after a rain.  I did manage to find the water a couple of times.  Some elevation changes but mostly flat, the terrain is not very rocky, mostly dirt.

The first tee was difficult to locate, it is behind the skateboard park, took me a while to find it.  I finally had to ask someone.  I joined up with a few guys who were in town from Temple and we played a few holes together.  They were going to play Old Settler's after they finished.

This was a fun course to play the first time.  It was not very crowded, besides us there were a couple of women playing behind us.   There is one par five on the course, three par fours and the rest are par threes.  The baskets are DISCatcher baskets and they were all in good condition.
   
The tee pads are dirt but they are not rutted out.  The signage could be improved, it was difficult to find the next tee box at times.  Also, there are no benches or trash cans. 

Overall a nice course, if I lived nearby I would play it often, at least I was able to check it off my list.  I managed to make one birdie on hole 6.

Approach on #1

Tee box on #2

Approach on #2

Tee box on #3

Walking the #5 fairway.  Par 5

Basket on #6.  My drive landed 10 feet from the basket.

Driving on #7

Approach on #7

Tee box on #8

Tee box on #9

Basket on #9, looking back on the fairway.


No comments:

Post a Comment