Monday, May 5, 2014

Roy G. Guerrero

This week we played the challenging Roy G. Guerrero Disc Golf Course in East Austin.  This course always kicks our butts and this week was no exception.  Beautiful, warm weather.  Sunny skies and temperatures in the 80's and only a slight breeze.  Today's group consisted of:   Steve, Keith, Bob, Lif, Micah, Dave, Brian and me.

I was not kidding when I said this course was challenging, 82 percent of our scores today were bogey or worse.  Steve had the shot of the day on the first hole.  He threw his putt from 70 feet out, it skipped off a boulder and into the basket for a birdie.  It was only birdie of the day.

I did not have a good day, I did not make par on a single hole.  I didn't feel like I had many bad throws.  I just didn't have many good throws. My drives could have been better, I hit a lot of trees.  Also, my approach shots could have been a little better which would have made my putts easier. 

We have not played this course since January and the roughs have really gotten overgrown.  At least the fairways were mowed.  We spent a lot of time looking for errant drives in the tall grass.

Only one birdie made today:  Steve(1).  No discs lost, one disc found on #18 by Micah.

Getting ready, putting old man creme on.

Micah starts us off

Steve driving on #2

Dave on the fairway

Heady putting with style points.  Missed it.

Keith with a par putt.  Keith was nailing his putts.

Me with my first drive on #4.  Took a mulligan

Keith King coming at you!

Micah driving.

Searching for my disc in the rough.  It was in the fairway.  Doh!

Brian nails a putt.

It was a nice day!

Lif driving on #8

Big Dave with intensity

Keith with a rare miss.

Signage.

Lif letting it fly

Steve with a very nice drive!

The grass has really grown

Brian's disc hits the chains

I don't know what is going on here

Bob on the fairway.  I never get enough pictures of Bob.

Lif on #17

Bob with a Saturday Night Fever pose

The #17 basket

Walking back.

Official Scorecard by the Bob Accounting Firm.














No comments:

Post a Comment