Sunday, September 22, 2024

North Town - Equinox

 We met up on the first day of Fall in Pflugerville to play the ever challenging North Town course.  Today's players were:  Chris, Donald, Keith and Heady.  Temperatures were in the 80's, mostly sunny skies and a slight breeze was blowing.  Course conditions were good, the creek was mostly dry but the pond was full.  There were a lot of other players on the course,  I think a tournament was going on.  There was a Grateful Ted sighting.

I had another substandard week.  My drives were pretty good, mostly straight and I'm getting some distance again.  I did get some bad luck getting stuck behind trees.  Even when I had an open shot my approach shots were just a little off, leaving me with more difficult putts, which I mostly missed.

Around nine birdies were made today:  Donald(4), Chris(4) and Heady(1).  No discs found and maybe one lost by Donald on #11 in the jungle.  Donald and Chris went back to search for it after the round.


Donald starts us off!


Keith with a good drive on #4

Donald from a knee


Donald with a long birdie

Chris with a short birdie

Despite the danger, we played on!

Chris reaching way up for his disc

Chris in the ragweed


Donald and Chris in the jungle on #11.  Lost disc

Donald puts the biscuit in the basket


Chris doing a little fishing

He caught his limit of two

Keith with a long putt

Chris in the dry ditch



Heady missing another putt

Official Scorecard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment