Monday, April 14, 2014

Williamson County

It was a busy weekend for disc golf.  I played nine holes solo on Friday evening.  On Saturday Steve and I played a practice round at the church.  Steve made a birdie on #14 after a very impressive 375+ft drive, a long second shot and a fifty foot putt.  I consider myself lucky to bogey that hole.  On Sunday, we played Williamson County DGC and afterwards we played Benbrook Park DGC.

It's been about five months since we played Wilco and that's too long.  We had a large group today: Steve, Bob, Keith, Dave, Mike, Lif, Brian and me.  Nice weather, cloudy skies, temperatures in the 70's and only slight winds.

I had a good round today, eight strokes better than the last time we played here.  I was getting very nice, long straight drives with my Sidewinder.  I missed three putts that I should have made, just a lack of concentration.  I had a chance at an ace on hole #12, my drive skipped up and hit the bottom of the basket.  It left me with a tap in birdie.

A total of three birdies:  Brian(1), Steve(1) and Heady(1).  No discs lost, one disc found on #18.


Keith starts us off on #1

Burko on the fairway

Large group today

Steve driving thru the trees

Dave concentration on his putt

Brian had some really impressive flicks today

Keith is going to hook it around.

Lif with his layup shot

Big Dave with a power drive

Bob with a flick follow thru!

Burko with good drive

Brian with a long flick

Walking down the #9 fairway

Keith with a pose


Steve fling and ching

Me with an easy birdie putt

Keith sizing up his drive options

Lif putting with style points

This putt never had a chance

Big Dave letting it fly

Steve ripping it.  A very long drive on #17

After the round

Official Scorecard by the Bob Accounting Firm.








No comments:

Post a Comment