Monday, April 7, 2014

Austin Ridge Bible Church - Rainy Day

All week in Austin the weather was warm and sunny.  Sunday morning it was cool and rainy.  We really do need the rain, I just wish it would not rain during the three hours we play on Sunday mornings.  Today's players were Steve, Keith, Lif, Dave, Burko and me.  Bob was out of town and was greatly missed.

It started out cloudy, damp and cool, the temperature was in the upper 50's.  The rains came on the fourth hole and lasted for about twenty minutes.  The temperature dropped a few degrees after the rain.  Mike had some ultimate tree love on the second hole.  His long putt hit a branch and dropped into the basket!

I had a very poor round, I only made two pars all day.  I clanked a couple of shots I should have made.  The group is beginning to doubt my tales of great shots when I play this course solo.

One disc lost and one disc found in the pond on #18.  Steve spotted a disc by the water and got wet retrieving it.  He tried to throw it across the pond but came up a little short.  When he attempted to retrieve it with the Rakenator 3000 it sunk into the murky waters.

I think there were two birdies Steve(1) and Lif(1).


Burko starts us off.

Dave thru the trees.

Steve winding up

Lif grip it and rip it

Steve on the #3 fairway

Dave driving in the pouring rain on #5

Lif flicking on #6

Keith is soaked but his cigar is still going

Steve with a long drive on #13

Dave with a great effort

Burko on the #13 fairway

Dave with a long putt

Mike driving on #14

Lif aiming for my head
Dave's approach on #17

Keith getting his disc out of the reeds

Got it!

Dave driving on #18

Keith reaching back

Red winged black bird

Steve finds a disc in the water

Steve attempts to throw it across the pond

He came up a little short.  It sank.

The Rakenator 3000 got bent.  Steve is soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment