Sunday, October 6, 2013

Circle C - Muddy Day

It was beautiful weather today for disc golf at the Circle C.  A cold front blew through yesterday, dropped some rain and cooled things down to the upper 50's this morning.  This was the second weekend in a row we had to contend with a muddy course.  I'm not complaining, we definitely need the rain.   Today's group was Bob, Steve, Big Dave, Mike Burko and myself.

I had one of those days when you throw a great drive and end up bogey (or worse) on the hole.  Steve had a similar day.  Course maintenance is still going on, two baskets were missing on holes 10 and 11.  The course started out sparse but got more crowded as we played.  We caught up with a group of six on the back nine that really slowed us down.

I tried to take some "artistic driving action photos" this morning and Bob drilled me in the forehead.  Damn near gave me a concussion.  Totally my fault.  However, I am blaming all of the bogies I made on the back nine on my double vision.  Good thing it wasn't Steve throwing or I would be in hospital now.

Heady starts us off on the first hole.

Bob letting it fly

Mike with a putt attempt on #4

Rob driving thru the trees

Mike fling and ching!

Bob aiming for my head.  Nice shot Bob!

Mike with  a nice drive

Waiting for the group in front of us.

Big Dave grip it and rip it.

Dave on the fairway

Big Dave with his "all out effort" face.

Steve going the distance

Mike on #18

Waiting for the group ahead of us again.

Steve throwing thru the trees.

The official scorecard by the Bob Accounting Firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment